The theoretical basis of our house of the school in motion consists of a comprehension of the term that
defines motion from an anthropological point of view. According to that motion is an organ for experiences and way of arrangement
. That means the human being experiences, learns, recognizes and simultaneously forms and arranges
the world by motion.
The following meanings can be named in particular: motion…
• makes distinguished perceptions possible
• supports cognitive learning
• supports social learning
• stimulates the emotional ability for experiences
• is the condition for motorical and healthy physical development
• supports forming a positive self-esteem
But these aspects of meaning do not work automatically but have to be realised. Motion is rather
something acquired and therefore it necessary to learn the different characteristics of motion. Such a task cannot be bound to P.E. only.
Education to motion is a task of (primary) school, concerning every subject, overlapping fields of learning and including all fields of school
apart from classes.
The most important aim
of education to motion is to give the pupils the abbility to an individual competence to act, to experience and arrange the environment by motion.
Those other aims are:
• to support the sensory perception
• a stronger inclusion of the kinasthetic analysator
• stenghtening the social competence and self-confidence
• to increase the sensibility of your own body and strengthening the emotional experience
• schooling the condition
• improvement of the body posture
• to support the safety of motions
• to sensitize for cultural values
To realise these aims a
school putting itself into motion is needed. Conceivable is this e.g. in a house of the school in motion, contending the following rooms with...
• lessons in motion,
• breaks in motion and
• schoollife in motion
Those three big fields are linked to each other, rely on P.E. as a basis and show connections to leasure time.
Who wants to put a school into motion now can walk into single rooms first or can also start trying to create the whole school in motion as
a program of school.
Activities in motion...
• should be included in every program of schools
• can determine the program of a school > school in motion
Müller, Chr. & Dinter, A. (2013).
Bewegte Schule für ALLE. Meißen: Unfallkasse Sachsen.
Grupe, O. (1982). Bewegung, Spiel und Leistung im Sport
. Schorndorf: Hofmann.
Müller, Chr. (2010). Bewegte Grundschule. St. Augustin: Academia, 17-53.
Müller, Chr. & Petzold, R. (2006). Bewegte Schule. St. Augustin: Academia, 14-40.
Dinter, A. & Müller, Chr. (2008).
Bewegte Schulen gestalten. Meißen: Unfallkasse Sachsen.